Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sarah's Chicken and Broccoli Mac N' Cheese!!!

For those of you who know me, I can't cook. I took Home-Ec most of my high school life but I honestly don't know how I passed. I messed up EVERYTHING. I can't even bake cookies! But as I'm preparing to get married next year I decided it's time for me to learn how to cook at least a little bit.

So far I have learned how to make (now keep in mind I couldn't cook anything before) Rice, Mashed Potatoes, Fried Potatoes, Chicken and Steak. I've always had help or at least a supervisor while cooking in case I forgot something or accidentally tried to set the house on fire =)

Today, I decided to brave it on my own, with a whole new (mostly minus the chicken) meal. 

You see, a while back my Grandma sent me the secret recipes to my favorite meals of hers! It was VERY exciting! Grandma is southern, her food is the greatest, I have always said so (sorry Mom). So when I decided to cook by myself today I decided to try the easiest and second favorite of mine. Her Mac N Cheese. But I didn't want to stop there...I wanted to make a full meal.

So I looked online for recipes. Found a Mac N Cheese casserole recipe that sounded really good...but it took FOREVER to cook and I didn't want to spend forever in the kitchen. So I took the basic idea and created my own invention.

I cooked Grandma's Mac N Cheese, cooked up chicken which I am now confident in making, and steamed some broccoli (without a broccoli steamer or the microwave). Then once everything was cooked I added it all together and it turned out AMAZING!! 

Everyone, here is my first ever all-by-myself-full-meal:





I'm calling it Sarah's Chicken and Broccoli Mac N' Cheese! It was SUPER good and very filling! If you want the recipe, just make Mac N Cheese, fry some chicken and steam some broccoli and add it all together, simple as that. (Sorry can't give out Grandma's Mac N Cheese, it's a family secret)

No comments:

Post a Comment