Sunday, February 20, 2011

Life's a BIG journey...

Anyone who knows me knows that I like being home, with my family, closest friends and my wonderful boyfriend. But who would have known that little, hyper, Sarah was going to leave her lovely Northwest home and go south to Los Angeles? Not me. Well, I sort of did but not for sure until I was actually here. I didn't want to leave home, I didn't want to leave my people, and I sure as heck did not want to go to Los Angeles. See, I love my cold home. I love the rain, I love the wind, I love being able to still be in town and see the wonderful, amazing, incredible stars that I love SO VERY much. I love it that when I'm upset I can go to someone rather it be my best friend, my mommy, or my boyfriend and have them hug me tight and tell me it will be ok and feeling that, because I heard it and felt that I had their support that it WAS INDEED going to be ok.

Well, now as I'm typing this, I am sitting in my new room that I share with two room mates and trying a hand a blogging (let's see how this works out). I wanted to really write out my thoughts and struggles and just my journey in general of my new life at the Dream Center. I will be here for 8 whole months by myself, well at least with no one from back home. This is a HUGE step in my life and in my faith in Christ. I haven't ever been in a situation were it is completely and utterly just me and God. I have had to learn that God is the only One who will NEVER leave me, hurt me, or disappoint me and that He is the One that I can trust with EVERYTHING. He is calling me here for some reason, I'm still lost as to why, and I have to trust that by the time my 8 months here is over I will know for sure. I'm indeed excited to see what He has in store for me. I know that it is most definitely going to be a roller coaster, both emotionally and spiritually but I have to trust God in this. After all He is all I've got currently, which I'm starting to appreciate.

Sure, the people back home are still there for me and have had to deal with NUMEROUS emotional phone calls already and it's only been three weeks but God is the one that daily, sometimes numerous times a day, give me the incredible strength to make it through the day still sane...well sometimes still sane. I have had a few days where people have wondered if I didn't belong in a different program here at the Dream Center due to my over-emotionalness and hyperactive behavior. I still GREATLY miss the dear people back home whom I love all so very much. They truly are a blessing in my life, even the ones that sometimes drive me crazy. But as I've been here, after my first couple...ok, I'll admit this, WEEKS, of depression, crying, anger, stress and mixed up feelings I have started to see that even though it's mostly just me and Jesus, He has sent me other companions as well.

Although I won't say and show all of them, but I will give you an idea of who I am talking about from here on out. Here are just a few of the closest ones, or the ones I talk to most often. Granted I don't have a few people here like my other room mate, Kenra, or my awesome boss, Jessyca. I also don't have my other co-worker Kayla, she's pretty cool too. There are so many people here but these are just some of my new companions.



Meet Valorie. She was the first person I met here, we went on our tour together and even went to Target togther. She's awesome.


This is Meagan. She's engaged, sorry boys she's off limits. She's actually room mates with Valorie, so I see her quite often.


Meet Marcus, he's a dance teacher here at Dream Center. He is going to teach me how to dance for my "one day will happen" wedding day. He's pretty cool too.



This is Godi. When I first met him he came into my office and afterwards my boss goes, "Doesn't he remind you of the guy off of twilight? HEY! Maybe you guys should be friends! He looks like a twilight person, and you're from the twilight area!" No matter how much I try to tell her that I'm NOT from Twilight area she still calls me Twilight, along with other nicknames. Back to Godi, he works for Pastor Matthew, and he tries to dance like his best friend Marcus. I wish I had the video to show you, SO CUTE, he really does TRY to dance. He's awesome in different ways than dancing.


Meet my Australian Julia. She is ALSO room mates with Valorie and Meagan. She's pretty cool, she's a good person to talk to too when you're uspet. She's just kind of tall so I have to make her sit down.


ROOMIE!!! Meet my room mate Brianna, I call her Bri, she's amazing. I love her and am glad to have her as a room mate. Although she and Kendra are trying to turn me into more of a girly girl by shopping and make-overs, which just ISN'T going to happen, I enjoy being around her too. She is probably one of the people that I'm closest with.


Meet Greco. Not Gecko, G-R-E-C-O. He's pretty funny. I went with him to my first Adopt-A-Block. He has a beard and is NOT going to shave it until he finds a woman...someone PLEASE send him a girl who doesn't mind a hairy man!


Meet Martin. He's a security person here at the Dream Center. He's awesome. Tall and SWEDISH. Yeah, Swedish. Pretty cool huh? He walks into my office close to every day on his rounds, a few times a day, so I see him A LOT. He's probably one of my favorite boys here.


Matt Wheeler. He's a worship leader at Angelus Temple. He comes into my office a lot to see Julia, the other one that's in the next picture. But, he has an absolute adorable smile and the PRETTIEST eyes EVER! Ha ha but he's awesome. He's a teaser too, reminds me of a certain someone back home at times, aka my wonderful boyfriend Kody. Even though he's actually kind of famous, he doesn't act stuck up. I like that.



THIS is the OTHER Julia. She's SWEDISH as well. Yeah, again Swedish. I love Swedish people, they're awesome. I work with this Julia. I just don't kow her last name so I can't distinguish btwn the two Julia's when talking about them except for Australian or Swedish Julia. I love them both though, they are both sweethearts.


This guy...ha ha, this is Tim. He is a second year discipleship guy. I'm actually ALLOWED to talk to him. He can be a little terd sometimes with his teasing ways but when it comes to being serious about Jesus, this guy is pretty radical. I haven't learned his story yet but I have a feeling it's pretty cool, just like everyone else here.


FRIDA AND TEE! Ok, his name isn't ACTUALLY Tee. I just call him that because his name is the SWEDISH form of Matthew, it's like Mattias or something like that and I just can't get it down right so I call him Tee because I already have a Matt, aka pretty eyes guy.  Anyway Frida and Tee are from SWEDEN as well, yeah there are actually a LOT of SWEDISH people here. Frida decided to come to the Dream Center and when they were only dating for a few months she asked Tee to come with and he said "yes" so here they are. She works with Food Truck, he works with Gifts in Kind. They are so super cute together, they're like attached at the hip though. They, sadly, are only here for four months, but it's still awesome that they came all the way from Sweden to serve here.


This is Nea and Hollie, left to right. Nea is ALSO SWEDISH. Hollie though is IRISH! My first Irish friend! So super stoked about that one. She has an accent and everything. They're room mates and they spend A LOT of time together as well. Actually, since they got here I haven't quite seen them by themselves. Cool though, they're just good friends.


Of course, I knew this stinker before I came here. This is Jonathan, aka Cuba. He wasn't thrilled that I was taking this picture as he was in the middle of talking but if I try to get a picture of him when he's expecting it he always does these weird poses where you can't really see him. So, I snuck one in. This guy is AWESOME! He is really close with God and just, cool. I haven't been able to spend much time with him yet since I've been here due to our schedules being kind of different. This picture was taken just the other day when we were hanging out for the first time since I've been here. Since then we have only seen each other once for about five minutes, sad but it's ok, we have eight months.

Well, those are my new companions, they're all VERY awesome and SO cool to be around. I miss my friends back home GREATLY though and plan to post a blog with pictures of them, especially my mommy, my besty, and my wonderful boyfriend.

Now, I must go and visit with my roomie Bri and then get some sleep before a full day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment