Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A good starter

Lately I've been working on my attitude about being here. I've been really upset, as I have previously stated...quite often. Well, while my mom was here recently, as I have also posted, gave me some good advice and I spoke lightly of what I've been doing every morning.

Every morning my alarm goes off and I sit up and reach to the end of my bed and grab my Bible, journal and a pen. Then I open my Bible to Proverbs and read the chapter of whatever day it is. For example, today I read Proverbs 11. After I've read the chapter, or while I'm reading it, I write down whatever sticks out or comes to mind while reading it.

Then I turn to Psalms 23. You know, the "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not be in want..." verse? Yeah, I read that everyday too. And everyday, something else sticks out from the small chapter. And when something sticks out, I write it down. 

Then comes Psalms 34 which is a psalms about those who look to God, who fear the Lord, who take refuge in God will not prosper, God will provide for them, God will protect them, and God will take away everything from them. There is a verse in it that just touches my heart every morning that says "The Lord is close the broken hearted, and he touches those who are crushed in spirit." I write that down every morning along with the fact that God is the one who restores our souls. I also write down anything else that stands out from Psalms 34. Psalms 34 is the longest part I read most days, depending on the size of the days' Proverbs.

Then, lastly I go to Ephesians 6:10-20. These are the verses that talk about the armor of God. And this is something that I do differently. Yes, I journal about these too, but I journal it more like a prayer or a declaration. I pray them over me. I literally can see myself putting on the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, getting my feet fitted perfectly, holding up my sword of the spirit, getting on my helmet of salvation and shield of faith. Its actually one of my most favorite parts because it gets me ready for battle but yet I know that I can come out victorious because God is on my side.

Then at the very end I pray. I pray with thanksgiving in my heart and then I just constantly lay down everything at the feet of Jesus, knowing that He is going to take it and take care of it and that it will all work out because He is in control.

This is all a very new but very thrilling experience for me, everyday I start out very happy and I know that God is with me. It's AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment