Wednesday, March 23, 2011

God REALLY does know what He's doing

This week has been, needless to say, hard. I am struggling with a lot of stuff but I'm still making sure that I focus on God everyday before I start the day. I honestly, don't want to know where I would be without my time with Jesus every morning. But something that I DO know is that God REALLY did know what He was doing when He sent me here, to the Dream Center. I've honestly learned so much in the short time that I've already been here, although it feels like I've been here for years most of the time.

The thing I am probably most thankful is that God has sent me to this place all by myself, not knowing too many people here before hand. I have had to force myself to make more friends, which has been very beneficial to me. I now have a little family here, I have protective brother figures, I have sister figures that I have here to talk to and that have been through things so I have some girl guidance. I have a room mate who has been in a long distance relationship with her boyfriend for pretty much the last year and a half so she understands my struggles with that so it gives me someone to talk to about that.

Another thing that I have become thankful for, is that I am FAR away from all the drama back home. Sure I get filled in here and there but I don't have to be in the middle of it. And as they go through their stuff and when I do get involved with it and they get upset, I now have a family here that will love and support me and help me make it through the day.

Granted, they all have their different ways of doing so, for some it's buying me coffee, others its bringing me chocolate, others its just telling me that they love me and for others its just giving me a great big hug until I feel their love for me.

So, I'm just saying, God DOES know what He's doing so maybe we should start trusting Him better, that includes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment