Friday, March 11, 2011

A wonderful birthday indeed!

I know this post is a little delayed but this week has been a crazy week...

This weekend was one of the best weekends I have had while here at the Dream Center. Why? Because I was joined here at the Dream Center by my wonderful mommy and my amazing boyfriend, Kody for my birthday. I was so super excited when they arrived on Saturday. I woke up early from excitement, I paced my room, got ready and then got re-ready, I cleaned up our room, then I re-cleaned our room and then once again got re-ready. Finally I was able to leave and go pick them up. When I saw them at the Union Station downtown I squealed with delight and my friend Valorie, who was driving us, freaked out because I scared her and almost made her crash. As soon as she stopped the car I jumped out and RACED to my mommy and gave her a huge hug.

We spent the weekend running around going out to dinner and lunch, which was awesome to eat good food again. I really enjoyed the time with my mommy and Kody. It was a huge blessing to have them here while they were. I was happy to be able to show them what I was talking about when I was talking to them on the phone and where I worked, and who I was talking about. They got to meet my friends here at Dream Center and they just got to experience my new world.

The first night that they were here we had decided to go to Vegas to see my sister. Well, that didn't work out but we had already rented a car so we just took the car and decided we'd use it while they were here to go exploring and such. It turned out to be a very good thing that we got the car due to how much we went off campus, which was actually REALLY good for me, it did wonders.

So we made our way from the rental car place back to the Dream Center after deciding not to go to Vegas. I got them all situated with their rooms. Later that night as everyone was ready for bed, I just started crying. It was a mixture of happiness that my mom and Kody were here, with me, and a sadness that I knew it wasn't going to last long and that there was no way I could go back with them, no matter how much I wanted to. So, I went over, got my mom and we went into the kitchen on our floor and just talked, well, rather she talked while I cried. I listened to her as she gave me her motherly advice and we just had a REALLY good talk.  She advised me to just start the day out with some Jesus time. And since the first morning they were here I have been doing that. I will not get out of bed until I have prayed, read my word, and have written everything in my journal that I have experienced for the morning with God, or whatever is on my heart.

So, on my actual birthday, which was just fantastic, my mom, Kody and I all woke up, met out at the car and drove the road to the rental car place so that they knew how long it took, and where they needed to go the next morning, and then we went to lunch and then went shopping for some needs that I have needed for the last month. Then we went back to the Dream Center and rested for a little bit, then we went BACK out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, then we went to see a movie which was a very fun  time. It nice to be able to cuddle with Kody once again while watching a movie, a blessing I have GREATLY missed. And of course, I held hands with my mommy too.

After the movie we came back to Dream Center where we had cake with the ppl on my floor and some other friends. After everyone left, my mom went to bed, and I stayed out in the hall and just hung out with Kody. I hugged him, and just enjoyed his presence for the little bit that I had left. It was a bittersweet time.

The next morning I woke up between six thirty and seven and I couldn't help but cry. I was very sad to know that my time with my mom and Kody were over until the next time I could see them, and both of them I'm not quite sure when that will be. We loaded up the car, went down to the cafe here on Dream Center campus for some coffee for Kody and OJ for my mommy. Then we went back up to the car and I said my farwells. It was very, very hard for me to do so and I will admit that I went to my room, after trying to go to work afterwards and my boss sending me out, and just cried for hours. I finally fell asleep crying, woke up in time to get my eyes unswollen before going into work.

All this said, I had a FANTASTIC birthday weekend and couldn't have asked for a better one. I'm VERY, VERY thankful for the time that I DID get with my mommy and boyfriend and look forward to the next time I will see them, rather it be together again or individually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment